Registration for VBS & VBS Jr. VOLUNTEERS will begin Sunday, April 30!
Are you in the Catapult, R28, PRIME, or Homebuilder ministry? Don’t miss the unique opportunity to serve the church ALL TOGETHER at VBS & VBS JR.! Sign up online starting Sunday, April 30.
Click here fore more information and to register: www.livinghopecc.org/vbs-volunteers*
*This link will go live on Sunday, April 30.
We are very excited to have guest speaker Ryan Kwon with us on Sunday, April 30. He is the Lead Pastor of Resonate Church in Fremont, CA. Originally from Los Angeles, Ryan was called out of his hometown to plant Resonate in 2010. He is passionate about gospel centered doctrine and preaching, and has a vision to see many churches planted in the San Francisco Bay Area. A sought out speaker, he is actively involved with Exponential conference and The Gospel Coalition. He also serves on the board for Acts 29. Ryan is married to Jenni and they have two sons and one daughter.
SOLA Conference 2017: Here We Stand – Always Reforming is SOLA’s 5th annual college conference. SOLA Conference will seek to inspire collegians to own and live out their faith in light of the 500th anniversary of Martin Luther’s Ninety-Five Theses and birth of the Protestant Reformation. Register online at thesolaconference.org.
Love Brea (lovebrea.org) is an annual campaign where the city comes together to help serve one another. This year’s Love Brea will be on Saturday, April 29, 9:00 am – 12:00 noon. Living Hope will volunteer at Brea Jr. High as the bleachers, backpack holders, basketball courts, and mural need to be spruced up. If you are interested in signing up, please email Chris.Li@livinghopecc.org.
Here are some photos from recent events:
- April 23, 2017 – Baptism *NEW
- April 16, 2017 – Easter Service & Baptism
- April 14, 2017 – Good Friday Service
- April 9, 2017 – Baptism
- April 2, 2017 – 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
- March 26, 2017 – Baby Dedication
- February 19, 2017 – KKC “Love You to Pieces” Event
- January 8, 2017 – Deacon & Elder Installation Service
If you’re interested in making Living Hope your church, this class is your next step. This class explains what the Bible has to say about church membership. You’ll also have the opportunity to hear the history and values of Living Hope. At the end of the class, you will have the opportunity to become a member of Living Hope! Classes will be held on Sundays, May 7, 14, & 21 in the Teaching Room with the Membership Ceremony on May 21. Childcare is available.
*Any questions? Please send your inquiries to James Park (email@example.com)
**Current members are welcome to attend the class
Wanted: Two sets of LHCC missionaries are coming to LA this June/July and are in need of housing and/or transportation! If you can help with either or both, even for just a portion of their stay, please contact Stephen H. or email missions.administrator@
At Living Hope, we gather on Sundays for corporate teaching and worship. During the week, we gather in regional small groups called “Cell Groups” designed so that friends can build community and grow together in Christ. Our Spring Semester for Cell Groups is doing a sermon study based on our preaching series on the book of Philippians, “Navigating through a World of Discontentment.” If you are not already a part of cell group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for more info about our Cell Groups.
Week of April 23, Sermon Series: Navigating Through a World of Discontentment, Pt. 10
“The Pursuit of Peace” (Philippians 4:1-9)
- Golf Tournament: This year’s golf tournament will be at Sierra Lakes Golf Course in Fontana on Saturday, May 13th at 11:00 AM. The cost is $100 per person with proceeds going to support STEP missions. There are a few spots available, so please contact Kevin Lee directly if interested (email@example.com).
- Men’s Softball: The men’s softball team will be participating in this year’s Berean Community Church Softball Tournament on Saturdays, May 13 & 20, at Whittier Narrows Regional Park. If you are interested in playing on the team or for more information, please contact Kenny Yoon (firstname.lastname@example.org).