Michael Lee has served in ministry for 28 years including as a church planter and college professor in Seattle, and, most recently, as the senior pastor of Young Nak Celebration Church in Los Angeles. He graduated from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary (D.Min.) and Golden Gate Seminary (M.Div.). He is married to his best friend, Mink, and together they have three children: Karis (18), Kayla (16), and Nathan (14). His family goal is to be the same person at home as he is in public.
The proposed 2018 Budget for Living Hope Community Church is now available. Please pick up a copy in the Main Hall this Sunday. The Budget Vote will take place on Sunday, January 28.
Please join us for LHCC Women’s Retreat – Selah 2018! We have a truly dynamic speaker at a beautiful location and are looking forward to seeing all of our sisters come together for one weekend. We invite you to pause and listen to the Holy Spirit’s leading through our speaker, fellow Living Hope sisters, and the Word. Let’s gather and worship God together with hope, a peaceful mind, and an identity that is firmly rooted in the cross.
Date: 2/10 – 2/11
Speaker: Karrie Garcia of The Freedom Movement (wearefreedommovement.org)
Location: DoubleTree Santa Ana – Orange County Airport
Cost: $65 for HB/PRIME, $50 for R28
Please save the dates for our 2018 Catapult Winter Retreat! It will be during President’s Day weekend from Feb. 16-19 (Fri-Mon). Our speaker will be Pastor Will Chung and we will be at Pali Retreat. You can register online here & don’t forget the parent release form (a new form is required for 2018 but is good for the whole year)!
We count it a blessing that Living Hope is alive, but living things grow. Our church to call home is getting more and more crowded – where we park, where we worship and where our children worship. But many, who are in need of a church to call home, are lost, left and last. In order to make room for the gospel, we are experimenting with some changes starting January 2018:
- Three Services at 8:00AM, 9:30AM & 11:30AM
- Parallel KKC & KKJ Ministries during 9:30AM & 11:30AM
- Inauguration of Catapult Junior High (6-8th gr) at 9:30AM & Catapult Senior High (9-12th gr) at 11:30AM
We are inviting all CG (Cell Group) shepherds and CE (Catapult, KKC, KKJ) staff to a one-day training on Saturday, January 27, from 9-1. We are excited to have Pastor Kim Kira (Lighthouse Community Church) give his “Gospel-Centered Shepherding.” The goals of this seminar are to 1) look at a biblical understanding of why people do what they do and how the gospel changes them and 2) learn how to then practically apply the gospel to people’s lives with the hope of transformation. Limited childcare is available, so please RSVP as soon as possible.
LOVE HONDURAS: Build a Church. Love the Children. Living Hope has helped plant and build a new church in Honduras. It’s now time for Living Hope to love the children by sponsoring 200+ children in the new church plant. Sunday, January 28, will be our Compassion Sunday.
- We will present the children from Honduras for you to sponsor. Our hope and prayer is that Living Hope can take responsibility of all of the children.
- Compassion will have its mobile experience through the weekend. It will be reserved for our church on Friday (6:00 – 7:00 pm) and Sunday (9:45 am – 2:00 pm). If you would like to visit it outside that time, please go the link to register.
LHCC will be sending a Global Outreach (GO) team to Honduras this Spring, March 9-16! The main purpose of the trip will be to send a medical brigade to help meet the dental and optometric needs of the community near our church plant. We are especially looking for non-medical people who will be able to help with the clinic logistics as well. Cost of the trip will be approximately $1,800. If you are interested, please email email@example.com. Applications are due Jan. 17.
If you’re interested in making Living Hope your church, this class is your next step. This class explains what the Bible has to say about church membership. You’ll also hear the history and values of Living Hope. At the end of the class, you will have the opportunity to join Living Hope! The classes will be on Sundays, Jan. 28, Feb. 4 and 18 from 9:30-10:45AM in the Teaching Room with the Membership Ceremony on Feb. 18. If you have any questions, please contact James Park (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Our Kingdom Kids Club performed two amazing shows on Sunday, Dec. 17, for their Christmas Musical “Jingle Bell Beach.” A special thank you to our directors Sabin Lee and Lynn Park! In case you missed the show or would love to see it again, you can view the entire musical below! Merry Christmas everyone as our KKC children remind us what the Christmas Spirit is truly all about.
View & download the 2017 KKC Christmas Musical
Mark the following key events on your calendar!
- Jan. 19-21 (Fri-Sun) – R28 Winter Retreat
- Feb. 10-11 (Sat-Sun) – Women’s Retreat
- Feb. 16-20 (Fri-Mon) – Catapult Winter Retreat
- Mar. 9-11 (Fri-Sun) – Prime Winter Retreat
- June 19-21 (Tue-Thur) – VBS JR
- June 26-29 (Tue-Fri) – VBS K5
- Aug 31-Sept 2 (Fri-Sun) – All Church Retreat 2018
Living Hope Community Church recent events photo albums:
- December 31, 2017 – KKC 6th Graders’ Graduation & New Year’s Eve Service & Celebration & New Year’s Eve Photobooth*NEW
- December 24, 2017 – Christmas Eve Family Service
- November 12, 2017 – Membership Ceremony
- October 31, 2017 – Harvest Night & Photo Booth & Recap Video
- October 27-28, 2017 – Cherish Marriage Conference