LIVING HOPE COMMUNITY CHURCH
Shipwrecked: Rescued by Jesus! VBS 2018
VBS K5 VOLUNTEERS
VBS K5: Tue-Fri, June 26-29, 5:00-9:00PM for volunteers
VBS JR: is now closed
Thank you for visiting our VOLUNTEER site and for your interest in serving in this year’s VBS VBS K5 ~ Shipwrecked: Rescued by Jesus!
For volunteer updates, info, and fun, follow us on Instagram @lhcc.vbs
Read the following FAQ’s to get familiar with our VOLUNTEER program.
What is the difference between VBS JR & VBS K5?
VBS JR is a program specifically designed to minister to children ages 3 (by June 30) to current PreK.
VBS K5 is a program for children who are currently in Kindergarten to Grade 5.
What are the dates for VBS JR & VBS K5?
VBS JR will take place Tuesday-Thursday, June 19-21, 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM (Dinner will be served for volunteers at 5:00 PM.)
VBS K5 will take place on Tuesday-Friday, June 26-29, 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. (Dinner will be served for volunteers at 5:00 p.m.)
Who can volunteer?
In order to volunteer, you must:
- Be a regular attendee of Living Hope Community Church
- Be available to serve for the entirety of the VBS program
- Attend all 3 volunteer meetings
When are the volunteer meetings?
VBS JR has THREE meetings: May 6, June 3, June 17
VBS K5 has THREE meetings: May 20, June 10, June 24.
We ask that you attend all meetings. The third meeting may NOT be missed.
What if I’m unable to make one of the meetings?
Please let Julie Pak know at the time your registration by emailing her at email@example.com. Please note that the June 17 and June 24 meetings may NOT be missed.
I want to volunteer, but I can’t be there the week of VBS JR or VBS K5. Can I still get involved?
YES! The Scenery Team meets in the months leading up to each program to create the scenery and décor for the stage. Meetings may be scheduled on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Please email Julie Pak at firstname.lastname@example.org so that you can be forwarded the scenery dates.
What is the deadline for volunteer registration?
The sooner you sign up, the better! It will help us prepare the teams accordingly. Registration for both programs will officially close on June 17, 2018.
I signed up to be a volunteer, but am now unable to help. What should I do?
Please let Julie Pak know ASAP. She can be reached via email or in person at church.
Who should I contact if I have a question?
Contact Julie Pak at email@example.com
Please see below for a brief explanation of each of the areas in which you can be involved. We look forward to another exciting and blessed time at VBS!
To God be the glory!
- Lead a crew (VBS JR: about 2-3 children; VBS K5: about 5-6 children) from station to station
- Sit with crew during praise and worship times
- Participate in all the day’s activities while being an example of Christ’s love
- Crew leaders must be in grade 9 or older (Exception: Current 8th grade students who were crew leaders last year)
SHIP REC GAMES
- Prepare each day’s games under the guidance of the Team Leader
- Lead games each day
- Help prepare each day’s experiment and/or craft under the guidance of the Team Leader
- Lead the experiments and/or crafts each day
- Help prepare each day’s dinner under the guidance of the Team Leader
- Assemble and serve dinner each day
- Help prepare each day’s Bible story, discussion, and response under the guidance of the Team Leader
- Present the Bible story and facilitate follow-up discussions/response. This may include participating in a small skit
- Ensure the safety of all children under the Safety Coordinator
- Ensure a safe and orderly environment
- Provide first aid as needed
- Take photos and short videos each night
- Upload photos onto church website each evening
- Must be in grade 9 or older
- Plan and create background scenery/décor with the Scenery Coordinator
- Set up and take down the scenery
The following team requires extra meeting/rehearsal times outside of the general volunteer meetings. There are limited spaces and specific skills are necessary. If you are interested in being considered, please mark it on the volunteer form. You will be contacted by the Team Leader.
PRAISE TEAM (this team is now closed)
- Learn and rehearse the choreography with the Team Leader
- Lead children in praise, worship, and dance
- Please note: This team is IN ADDITION TO serving in another team.