LIVING HOPE COMMUNITY CHURCH
MAKER FUN FACTORY
“CREATED BY GOD, BUILT FOR A PURPOSE”
VBS K6 VOLUNTEERS
Tue-Fri, July 11-14, 5:00PM – 9:00PM for volunteers
(6:00PM – 8:45PM for children)
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for this year’s Vacation Bible School K6 ~ Maker Fun Factory: Created by God, Built for a Purpose!
VBS K6 is a program that ministers to children in Kindergarten-6th grade.
TO VOLUNTEER, YOU MUST*:
- Be a regular attendee of Living Hope Community Church.
- Be in grade 7 (in Fall 2017) or older. This includes the ministries of Catapult, R28, PRIME, and Homebuilders.
- Attend all four days of VBS, July 11-14, 5:00PM – 9:00PM
- ATTEND THREE VOLUNTEER MEETINGS ON:
- SUNDAY, MAY 21
- SUNDAY, JUNE 11
- SUNDAY, JULY 09
*If you are unable to meet these guidelines but are still interested in serving, please contact Julie Pak directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If you are unable to be there the week of VBS K6 in July, but are still interested in serving, please sign up for the Scenery Team. They will meet in the weeks leading up to VBS K6 to prepare the scenery/decor for the stage.
OR… You can sign up to volunteer for VBS JR, in June, by CLICKING HERE!
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Saturday, June 24, 2017
CONTACT INFO: Julie Pak at email@example.com
Please see below for a brief explanation of each of the areas in which you can be involved. We look forward to another exciting and blessed time at VBS K6!
To God be the glory!
- Lead a crew (about 5-6 children) from station to station
- Sit with crew during praise and worship times
- Participate in all the day’s activities while being an example of Christ’s love
- Crew leaders must be in grade 8 (in Fall 2017) or older
- Prepare each day’s games under the guidance of the Team Leader
- Lead games each day
- Help prepare each day’s experiment and/or craft under the guidance of the Team Leader
- Lead the experiments and/or crafts each day
- Help prepare each day’s snack under the guidance of the Team Leader
- Assemble and serve snacks each day
- Help prepare each day’s Bible story, discussion, and response under the guidance of the Team Leader
- Present the Bible story and facilitate follow-up discussions/response
- Ensure the safety of all children under the Safety Coordinator
- Ensure a safe and orderly environment
- Provide first aid as needed
- Take photos and short videos each night
- Upload photos onto church website each evening
- Plan and create background scenery/décor with the Scenery Coordinator
- Set up and take down the scenery
The following teams require extra meeting/rehearsal times outside of the general volunteer meetings. They have limited space and specific skills are necessary to join these teams. If you are interested in being considered, please mark it on the volunteer form. You will be contacted by the Team Leader.
- Learn and rehearse the choreography with the Team Leader
- Lead children in praise, worship, and dance
- Please note: This team is IN ADDITION TO serving in another team.
- Learn and rehearse the skit for each night under the guidance of the Team Leader
- Memorize the script
- Perform the skit each day