When Living Hope moved into its Brea property in 2012, we made a commitment to use the facility that God has given us for ministry. We also made a decision to be good stewards of our finances. Thus, we made renovations in phases. We are now ready to renovate our 7,400 sq/ft patio area so that it can better be used for ministry.
- 2017.08.25 – This is our east wall/staging area of the patio. It’s taking on a different look.
- 2017.08.03 – Our patio putting on a different look.
- 2017.07.25 – Enclosing portions of the patio
- 2017.06.29 – Trenching for the patio kitchen plumbing has begun. Dust and noise but progress.
- 2017.06.23 – Northwest corner framing – corner seating & staging area
- 2017.06.15 – framing for our kitchen/serving area
- 2017.06.08 – framing started
- 2017.06.05 – Renovation started!
What is the scope of the project?
Once the project is completed, we can expect:
- an outdoor space with better control of the environment through roll down sectional doors, shading, and fans.
- programmed space that invites our members to linger on Sundays
- a working warming kitchen to serve refreshments and warm meals
- a front staging area on the East and a corner meeting area in the Northwest corner
- semi-permanent tables and chairs in sections of the space
- decor that would be more suitable for events such as wedding receptions and cafe nights
- the front grass area enclosed for our parents to sit with children
When is the renovation and how will this affect operations?
The mobilization of the project will begin on June 5, 2017. The expected completion is mid-September. The project will have various stages of construction-related materials and debris. We will program our Sunday refreshments, Lunch Breaks, VBS, and events appropriately. One of our highest goals is the safety of our people, especially children. Therefore, there may be times when operations (access, use, etc.) may be limited, as we prioritize the safety of our people.
Who is doing the work?
What will it look like?