LOVE HONDURAS is a project at Living Hope Community Church, where we are partnering with Compassion International to BUILD A CHURCH and LOVE THE CHILDREN in the community of La Paz, Honduras.
STAGE 1: BUILD A CHURCH
Help plant a church in the community of Barria La Granja in La Paz, Honduras with an existing mother church (Iglesia Evangelica de Santidad) and Compassion International.
STAGE 2: LOVE THE CHILDREN
As the church is established and the children enroll in the Compassion program, Living Hope members will be challenged to LOVE THE CHILDREN through sponsorship and relationship building. Subsequently, our plan is to visit the church and the children through regular GO Honduras trips.
- February 20, 2018 – Construction Complete, Activities begin at Iglesias Santidad Barrio La Granja
- January 28, 2018 – On Compassion Sunday, Living Hope had claimed all 200 children who were available for sponsoring from the project at Iglesia Santidad Barrio La Granja (HO0297)
- If you’d still like to sponsor a child, please fill out this Honduras Child Sponsorship Waitlist
- Take a read from the Orange County Register on the Compassion Experience that took place at Living Hope
- January 21, 2018 – Our church plant (Iglesia Santidad Barrio La Granja) was dedicated. Leaders from our church were there to celebrate.
- December 19, 2017 – Church Building Construction Near Completion
- November 1, 2017 – Progress at Iglesia Santidat Bo La Granja
- September 28, 2017 – Thank you note from the Compassion office
- September 4, 2017 – Update on construction, Testimony by Pastor and Prayer request on the church plant
- Sept. 29-Oct. 3, 2017 – Sent a LOVE Honduras Vision Team to visit the site of our church plant, spend time with the planting pastor, visit the Compassion Office, worship with the mother church, and visit an established Compassion Center. Recap of the Love Honduras Vision Trip:
- August 30, 2017 – We received our first set of photos from the church construction and ministry at the plant below.
- August 29, 2017 – Report from a Compassion staff visit: “I visited the HO0297 yesterday, and I can’t describe how thankful they are because the construction of a new building has started. They’re developing an amazing evangelistic work among the community where the new church will be located.”
- Jul 28, 2017 – Letter from the Director of Compassion Honduras
- Jul 17, 20 17 – Compassion creates website for this church planting project (http://churchplanting.compassion.com/livinghopecommunitychurch-HO297/)
- June 16, 2017 – Permits granted to begin construction
- May – Bids being solicited from screened vendors for construction.
- April 28, 2017 – Funds received by Compassion International. Project given identification #HO0297.
- April 16, 2017 – As of April 16, 2017, we have raised $90,375.94, in excess of the $77,000 needed to build a church! Praise God!
- April 6, 2017 – $77,000 sent to local Compassion office.
- March 12, 2017 – Congregation votes to approve Love Honduras. Committed to planting Iglesia Santidad Bo La Granja in La Paz, Honduras.
- March 10-12, 2017 – Scouting trip to Honduras.
- Click here to view the Love Honduras Flyer with more information.
- Click here to view the proposal by Compassion for the church plant.
- Photos from August 30, 2017
- Video 2: A tour of a home in the community of La Paz.
- Video 1: An interview with the planting pastor on the land that we are hoping to purchase and build the church.