LOVE HONDURAS is a project at Living Hope Community Church, where we are partnering with Compassion International to BUILD A CHURCH and LOVE THE CHILDREN in the community of La Paz, Honduras.
STAGE 1: BUILD A CHURCH
Help plant a church in the community of Barria La Granja in La Paz, Honduras with an existing mother church (Iglesia Evangelica de Santidad) and Compassion International.
STAGE 2: LOVE THE CHILDREN
As the church is established and the children enroll in the Compassion program, Living Hope members will be challenged to LOVE THE CHILDREN through sponsorship and relationship building. Subsequently, our plan is to visit the church and the children through regular GO Honduras trips.
- Jul 28, 2017 – Letter from the Director of Compassion Honduras
- Jul 17, 20 17 – Compassion creates website for this church planting project (http://churchplanting.compassion.com/livinghopecommunitychurch-HO297/)
- June 16, 2017 – Permits granted to begin construction
- May – Bids being solicited from screened vendors for construction.
- April 28, 2017 – Funds received by Compassion International. Project given identification #HO0297.
- April 16, 2017 – As of April 16, 2017, we have raised $90,375.94, in excess of the $77,000 needed to build a church! Praise God!
- April 6, 2017 – $77,000 sent to local Compassion office.
- March 12, 2017 – Congregation votes to approve Love Honduras. Committed to planting Iglesia Santidad Bo La Granja in La Paz, Honduras.
- March 10-12, 2017 – Scouting trip to Honduras.
Video 2: A tour of a home in the community of La Paz.
Video 1: An interview with the planting pastor on the land that we are hoping to purchase and build the church.