Easter is not simply another holiday. It is a celebration of the celebration of an amazing historical event when a solitary man gave His life to change history. Easter is a time that Christians have celebrated for thousands of years. Come visit this Easter and hear how the first Easter has changed everything.
When – April 1
Easter this year will be Sunday, April 1. Our services will be 8:00, 9:30 and 11:30 am. Full children’s programs (0-5th grade) will be offered during both the 9:30 and 11:30 services. All youth students will join the adult worship.
What to Expect on Easter Sunday – #easterchangeseverything
Easter is often a Sunday when many people attend church for the first-time or first-time-in-along-time. So whether you are a regular member or a first-timer, this will be a great day for you to visit. Here are some things to expect:
- People – You will be with many others who have been coming for a long time or are coming for the first time so come a bit early so that you can find parking, check in your children and grab a seat.
- Music – You will be able to sing or listen to great contemporary music as well as choral music.
- Message – You will hear a message by our pastor on how Easter actually changed everything and changes everything.
- Stories – You will see and hear the water baptisms of those who have made a decision for Christ. Some will even tell their own stories.
- Surprise – You will see a special presentation by our Kingdom Kids Junior (0-preschool) ministry.
- Children – Your children will experience a celebratory sensory program during both the 9:30 or 11:30 services. This Sunday is normally a very high attended Sunday for kids so they don’t want to miss it.
- Food – We are feeding everyone!!! After the 9:30 and 11:30 services, we will serve lunch for everyone in our patio. Plan to stay!
- Gift – If you are new, please stop by the Welcome Center to grab a free gift. It’ll be good!
#inviteafriend & #yourstory
- Everyone has a story. During the month of March, we are asking those at Living Hope to tell their story. They will do so during their small group times.
- On Sundays, we will also hear stories of how others have told their story to a friend.
- The month of March will also be a time when we invite a friend for Easter. We will do it through sharing on social media, postcards, mailings, and emails.
- Watch Chris & Joey’s story
- Watch Candice & Alyssa’s story
- Watch Ron & Alex’s story
- Watch Sophie, Elyse & Natalie’s story
Passion Week (March 26-29, Monday-Thursday)
Passion week has always been a time when our church remembers the last week of the life of Jesus. We are inviting our church family to do Passion Devotionals at home with family every day this week. The video devotionals will be posted here.
- Monday (March 26) – “Perseverance of the Father” by Pastor Steve Chang: Video & Transcript
- Tuesday (March 27) – “An Adoption Identity” by Pastor Chris Chi: Video & Transcript
- Wednesday (March 28) – “Not by Our Performance” by Chris Li: Video & Transcript
- Thursday (March 29) – “The God of Reconciliation” by Robby Jung: Video & Transcript
The KKC & KKJ children will go through their Experience Box during the week
- Monday (March 26) – Experience Box meaning to be explained
- Tuesday (March 27) – Experience Box meaning to be explained
- Wednesday (March 28) – Experience Box meaning to be explained
- Thursday (March 29) -Experience Box meaning to be explained
Good Friday (March 30)
On Friday, March 30, we will gather at 7:30 for a special Good Friday service. It will be a time for prayer, communion, and remembrance. Catapult (6th-12th graders) will join the adult worship.
KKC (K-5th graders) & KKJ (3-5-year-olds)
Children between the ages of 3 years & 5th grade will join in a special Good Friday Program using a curriculum that walks with Jesus from Palm Sunday to the Cross. Although the adult service begins at 7:30 pm, our journey for the children will begin at 7:00 pm so please arrive early. The five stations that the children will experience are: Skit, Palm Sunday, Last Supper (meal), Last Supper (feet washing), & Gethsemane.
- To prepare properly, we are asking parents to register their children for this experience here: Sign Up for Good Friday Service.
KKJ.0-1 & KKJ.2
For children in KKJ.0-1 & KKJ.2 ministries, the KKJ.0-1 room will be open with limited supervision. This room is intended for any parents to come with their child but live audio will stream from the service. The goal is for parents to participate in Good Friday Service.